RE: TR6 Carpet Kits from The Roadster Factory

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 Carpet Kits from The Roadster Factory
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:47:59 -0800
> However, since I have installed it.  The greay carpet has faded badly to a
> wierd orangey/grey shade wherever the open roadster would be exposed to
> sunlight. So... the driveshaft tunnel top and the area around the
> gearshift are effected.

Brian, the question that comes immediately to my mind is : Is this not "as
original" ?  I've seen photos of cars that weren't very old, where the
carpet was noticeably faded in the areas exposed to sun ... it may be a
consequence of the original materials used and therefore an accurate
reproduction should fade the same way ...

Randall