TR6 Carpet Kits from The Roadster Factory

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Carpet Kits from The Roadster Factory
From: "Rebecca Jones" <tr6@pghmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:58:38 -0500
Dear Triumph Guys...

    I have just read Corey Sherman's note to the list about The Roadster
Factory's TR6 wool carpet set manufactured by The Magic Carpet Factory.  I am
sorry, but Corey's comments are unfair and untrue, and it would be a shame to
have The Magic Carpet Factory lose sales, when I am certain that Dianne
Terlion's carpet set is the very best to be had in the world, and I am willing
to stake my reputation on this.

    Original Jaguar and Triumph carpet did not have a thick pile.  In fact, it
was amazingly thin.  The pile was very tight, however, and the rich look
appeared after the carpet was installed.  We are sending today to Mr. Corey
Sherman original pieces of Triumph carpet from our archives so that he may
compare original pieces of carpet with the carpet he received from us.

   By the way, Magic Carpet has worked with the wool carpet manufacturer in
England to produce carpet colours to match original Triumph colours of tan.
No other manufacturer of Triumph carpet sets has gone this far to approach
originality.  In addition to having correct colours and really very
high-quality wool carpet material, Magic Carpet's workmanship is very highly
detailed and second to none in matching original quality.  I feel so strong
that this is true that I will accept my carpet set back from Mr. Sherman for a
full refund, and I will buy him a set of John Skinner's carpet if any
impartial group of 6-Pack members says that is better and more original than
the set he has received from The Roadster Factory.

   Mr. Sherman is a very good customer and a serious TR6 enthusiast.  I
respect him very much, but I am sorry that on this occasion he is mistaken.
He has an apple in his hands, and he is comparing it with an orange of which
he has only seem a small sample of the skin  I do not generally come on to the
list to join discussions of this kind, but in this case, I feel that a serious
injustice is in the making.  Dianne Terlion works very hard, and she has
invested her life savings in our hobby.  She makes the best, and I am sure
that other customers will come to her defense.

Charles A. Runyan

The Roadster Factory

January 22, 2003