Haynes strikes again

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Haynes strikes again
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 18:39:10 +0000
Dear All,

I would invite you to cast a glance over the Haynes Manual instructions
for the replacement of the trunnions on a Spitfire, and see if you can
see anything that clues you in to the fact that the "dust seals" are
supposed to be fitted around the "brim" of the top-hat-shaped bushes (as
I suspect is the case).   From the text and the diagrams, it would
appear that they fit *between* the washer and the bush (which I suspect
is *not* the case).

Is there anything that Haynes has ever produced that tells the amateur
mechanic precisely what he needs to do?   If so, I have yet to encounter
it.

ATB
--
Mike (who is replacing trunnion bushes in the morning)
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FM105671