Re: rear hatch trim - mastic and Plastisol - flexible super glue too!

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear hatch trim - mastic and Plastisol - flexible super glue too!
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 09:41:28 -0500
Yep..I know what you're talking about.  I've also found
another 'flowable' silicone. mfr=Permatex??
It will run very easily.  I used it last... to repair a ruptured
bellows inside my vacuum advance unit on my GT6.
Nice stuff...but like you said... it'll run..will not stay in place
even on a flat horizontal surface the puddle will spread out
big time!

I'll post a pick of the tube of goo on my site when I get back
to completing the updates my resto pages on this GT6.

One other one too that really came in handy... believe it or not
I found a flexible super glue! Works GREAT on the rubber seals
when you have to try and join ends etc. Stays flexible and does not
crack or turn the rubber white as it air cures!

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com