Oil pressure sender data

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Subject: Oil pressure sender data
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:20:08 -0500
Message text written by Mark Hooper
>I see that the BP2404-00B is a nice drop in replacement for $56.90. Not so
bad think I. Then I checked out the required sender (PTR1810-1-10) and it's
$96.00 !!! Since when is the cheap SOB sender 2X more expensive than the
show piece gauge?  Anyway, the question is, does anybody know what signal
is
output by the Smiths electric sender? Perhaps my existing unit is
compatible
or could be adjusted with a voltage divider or whatnot.
<

Mark, the way I see it is if you are going to get the gauge regardless, go
ahead and get it.  Then hook it up to your existing sender.  Then TEE in a
gauge and compare the readings.  If you get lucky, you're done.  If it is
way off, then you have a choice of paying the $96 and getting it over with
or heading to the yard and buying every sensor you see and using trial and
error, seeing if any will work.  And then paying the $96 and getting it
over with.

Who knows, maybe there is an industry standard for these things.  Maybe
there is one world wide manufacturer that private labels all these things.
I know not.

Good luck

Dave Massey