Oil pressure sender data

Subject: Oil pressure sender data
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:42:09 -0500
As previously mentioned to the list, I converted my oil pressure gauge from
a mechanical to an electric some time back. The only problem is that the
look is quite different. Also the lighting is actually readable at night
which means that it shines like Rudolph's nose compared to the original
gauges (bottom of mineshaft, phosporescent glow of moss dead these last
hundred years).

Checking out the following:

http://www.gaugeguys.com/smithscat2.htm

I see that the BP2404-00B is a nice drop in replacement for $56.90. Not so
bad think I. Then I checked out the required sender (PTR1810-1-10) and it's
$96.00 !!! Since when is the cheap SOB sender 2X more expensive than the
show piece gauge?  Anyway, the question is, does anybody know what signal is
output by the Smiths electric sender? Perhaps my existing unit is compatible
or could be adjusted with a voltage divider or whatnot.

Any input will reduce my internal pressure.

Mark Hooper
1972 TR6