3:1 wear factor

To: Popnglo@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 3:1 wear factor
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:50:06 EST
Ed,
Just thinking out loud here .. I'm sure someone has the answer.. but I'm
curious if your caliper is perfectly centered over the disc. There are shims
made to do just that. Perhaps your calipers are not centered.
Or you are having trouble with outside pistons retracting properly when brake
pressure is released. Any rebuild history on the brakes you might tell us
about? (Stainless steel pistons, etc?) A little air trapped in one side of
caliper could create one-sided pressure too..
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74