TR3A Disk brake lining wear + 3:1wear factor

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Disk brake lining wear + 3:1wear factor
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:28:57 EST
Randall, Carl,
Thanks fort he input.
A bit more ...

History - I did rebuild the pass. side caliper with new seals and dust
thingamagiggy last year. Replaced the caliper also since a previous owner
snapped the bleeder off. I don't recall replacing the seals to the driver
side, but I think I did. The driver side is a bit worse on the wear ratio.
Piston(s) was not pitted so I didn't replace. The pads at that time were also
uneven, but still servicable.

Regarding centering, Don't recall exactly whether there were shims, but I
think so. If there were they went in just the same. I suppose this centering
could explain it, but a bit cold (15 F) so I'll have to wait until it gets
warmer to check.

As I said, I need now to replace the pads and intend to get them from TRF.
I'll check the centering closely. Any suggestions on checking? Any experiance
with the TRF pads?

Best Regards,
Ed (58 TR3A)