Re: Hood snap tool: Joanne's fabric store http://netwinsite.com/top_mail

To: Spitlist@gte.net, steven@newellboys.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hood snap tool: Joanne's fabric store http://netwinsite.com/top_mail.htm
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:20:14 -0600
steven@newellboys.com wrote >> >
>> >Okay, while buying felt and foam to make
>> >shark fins for my 5 and 3 year old boys.
>pethier@isd.net wrote >>
>> Why?  Are you taking them to a Jimmy Buffett concert?
Joe wrote >
>That would be Parrot-Heads, wouldn't it?

The people are called "Parrotheads".  They don't usually wear "parrot heads",
but I'm sure it is not unknown.

The most common prop to bring to a Jimmy Buffett concert is some sort of shark
fin.  It is waved in the air (to the left and right, of course) during the song
"Fins".

If one does not possess a proper shark-fin prop at the appropriate time, one
puts ones hands up on the top of one's head with fingers straight up and leans
one's head to the left and right at the correct times.

Approaching the Target Center in Minneapolis one night, we knew we were in the
correct place by the large numbers of folks carrying fins made of plywood,
cardboard,
foam or whatever.