Re: why wont she start

To: JutH1685@aol.com, triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: why wont she start
From: Jim <cartr4a@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:29:19 -0800 (PST)
I would check the choke setting.  I had this problem 2
years ago.  I had some slack in the choke cables and
was not lifting the cams high enough.  I knew I was
getting plenty of gas (it was all over the garage
floor), but it wouldn't fire.

In the choke off position, I would move the adjusting
screws in to almost touching the cams so with the
choke out you are getting the maximum lift. I don't
use this setting all year, but it is the only way I
can get my GT6 running through the winter.

Jim
'68 GT6
'67 TR4/A