Re: TR6 Roll Bar Question - Thanks!

To: mike@gsta.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Roll Bar Question - Thanks!
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:06:58 -0800 FILETIME=[95558BC0:01C2C8E6]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Mike,

Since you are 2 inches taller than I am you may want to check that your seat
will go all the way back after you install the bar. I installed a rollbar in
my TR 4 and promptly removed it to gain back a few inches of legroom.

Also, IMHO anyone who installs a roll bar or cage and doesn't pad it where
their head might hit is a FOOL. An unpaded rollbar can turn a minor rear end
accident into a fatality.

And, don't chrome plate any mild steel used for structural purposes, I
believe Phil Ethier has a story about this....

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 Herald
'63 TR 4

Thanks to everyone for all the help with the Roll Bar question!

I totally agree with everyone who commented that this style of roll bar
isn't worth much in a rollover accident. Probably better than nothing but
certainly not a major safety device.

I only want to install it to give me an alternative place to grab onto when
lowering myself into the car - I'm 6'5" ;-) That and because it looks cool.
Hopefully it will never see the kind of use it was named for.

Regards,
Mike Brooks