Re: Marina GT

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Marina GT
From: Nicholas Froome <listreader@pvision.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 20:22:02 +0000
Cc: "jernigan" <jernigan@prodigy.net>
>Does anyone on list or know of someone that ownes a Marina GT, is this  the
>car that also goes in water     Thanks  Ron

All UK cars go in water on a daily basis - that's why we invented Wayoxl!

However the Marina GT was a twin-carb version of the Marina, a saloon that is
best forgotten. Even the "stylish" 2-door coupe should be left in peace

The Marina's best remembered for being obsolete at launch, inferior to Ford
products of the era and - as I recall - for having front suspension unchanged
from the Morris Minor that predated it by about 20 years

It was never an amphibious vehicle. The GT did, however, have a great TC badge
that meant it had two bad carburettors, rather than one

Nick Froome
http://www.bolide.co.uk