TRF Summer Party -- Gripe

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: TRF Summer Party -- Gripe
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:03:01 -0400
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h7BI4125032407
Message text written by Don Malling
>I have a gripe, and it's not the rain or mud -- it's name tags. Not many
people wore them. I saw a fair number of them on Thursday evening, but
not much after that.

TRF, Fred Thomas, and Bruce Miles all went to the trouble of making
them, but not many people wore them. I think I could have met a lot more
of you guys if the name tags were in use. Maybe I'm the only one who
doesn't know what everyone looks like?

I went mostly to meet everyone. After you see about 200 nearly perfect
TR6's, they all start to look kind'a the same. I started simply looking
at the owners names to see who was there.
<

Don, I agree completely.  At past VTR events folks are issued name tags in
clip-on plastic holders (or conveninet necklasses) that are easily
transfered from outfit to outfit (a must for multi-day events such as
this).  The tags issued by the Factory were little adhesive backed deals
that once peeled off of your sweaty, rain-soaked shirt is reluctant to
stick to the fresh change in the morning.

And I'm sure I missed meeting some list folks as a result of not knowing
names and faces.  I saw Ashford's car but not him.  I saw Scott Shuring's
car but not him.  But I also missed Fred's party (by an hour and a half) so
if they were there, it's all my fault.  (But I did wear my Massey Ferguson
hat so they should have recognized me)  ;-)

Otherwise it was a well run show.  The staff handled everything in stride
in spite of the fact that attendance was about doubled from typical.  That
can throw most outfits.  But the Factory and the Pennsylvania Triumph clubs
did an admirable job.  Thanks

Dave Massey