RE: Overdrives on Automatics

To: bj4wood@optusnet.com.au
Subject: RE: Overdrives on Automatics
From: "bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net" <bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 07:56:59 -0400 FILETIME=[7B560A80:01C37212] 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h83C0sdl004088
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>whether it is possible
>to hook up an overdrive to an automatic tranny.
Yes it is very possible.  In fact a company right here in San Diego does
just that.  They mate a J-type overdrive to popular GM, Ford, and Chrysler
autos for motor homes, trucks and autos, popular with the hot rod crowd -
you just need a main shaft that mates and an adaptor - not simple task and
in your case there probably isnt one available which doesnt really help
you much though- As a side note, if the overdrives are robust enough for
them, I am not to worried about my little six pot!