RE: * Tool Kit *

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: * Tool Kit *
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:49:01 -0700
> I'm looking for the contents of the perfect Long Road Trip
> toolkit.

Let's see, what all do I carry in the 3A ?

Tools :
Jack and handle
Dzus key
hubcap tool/pry bar (this is a special for my car)
4-way lug wrench
small flashlight in door pocket
large flashlight in tool kit
3/8" drive sockets, 3/8 - 3/4" plus 3/16W - 3/8W plus 13/16" deep
3/8" ratchet and short extension
combination wrench set, 1/4" - 7/8" (probably overkill, I've only ever used
4 or 5 of them)
open end Whitworth wrench set, 1/8W - 9/16W (I think)
SU toolkit
flat blade screwdrivers, small and large
phillips screwdrivers, small and large
'gas' pliers
'chainnose' pliers (or maybe needlenose, I forget offhand)
DVM
clip leads
contact burnishing tool
- and of course I always carry my 'Tinker' model swiss army knife with plain
and phillips screwdrivers in it.

Clothing :
Blanket
anorak
warm jacket
old sweatshirt
(however, I don't usually carry a top or side curtains)

Supplies/spares :
paper towels
spray windshield cleaner
nitrile rubber gloves
distributor, complete w/cap & wires
point plate with extra points, condensor (leftovers from before I put the
dizzy in)
asst hose clamps
'baling' wire
duct tape
radiator and bypass hoses
fan belt
spark plugs
starting fluid
octane booster
brake fluid
brake/turn bulb (I use the same bulb in all 6 locations)
6' of 1/4" nitrile fuel line

I don't claim this is scientific, some items are there just because I never
took them out.  But I think that's all.
Randall