RE: offset persistance!

To: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>, "triu autox" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: offset persistance!
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 19:51:27 -0700
I know that 15x7 wheels with 3.5" backspace require some "massaging" (aka
grinding) of the ends of the upper A-arms to fit a TR6 (some folks now use
16x7 wheels, which present none of the problems).  Looking at the 15x7s on
my TR6, it looks like if they were 14x7 then the wheel rim would definitely
interfere with the upper A-arm/ball joint.

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6