RE: Spitfire O/D GT-6 O/D More Info.

To: "'Douglas Frank'" <frank@zk3.dec.com>, jim williams <sportsix63@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Spitfire O/D GT-6 O/D More Info.
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:53:30 +0200
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Jim & Douglas

AFAIK you could also fit an o/d gearbox from a 2000, 2500 or 2.5PI saloon to
a GT 6 engine. Left inner chassis lip has to be modified slightly with a BFH
or grinder in order to accommodate the clutch slave cylinder, but that's not
a big deal. However, I have no idea what that would do to the speed gear
ratios.

Another possibility might be an o/d gearbox from a 2 liter Vitesse. AFAIK
this unit is similar to the GT6 unit.

Kind regards.
Chris de Wet .
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa .

'56 TR 3 . '64 Spitfire 4 (Mk 1) . '67 GT 6 (Mk 1) .

" Triumphs are meant to be driven .... keep them on the road "