TR3A gasoline overflow in SU carb

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A gasoline overflow in SU carb
From: "Richard Alexander" <RALEXANDER@smail.umaryland.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:26:03 -0400
New Lister, newly acquired '58 TR3A, was running according to DPO last
November 02. Now will not start. I rebuilt starter, now engine cranks
well, has a decent spark after replacing most of ignition consumables.
But when I crank the starter gasoline pours out of the first carb
overflow port and within 30 seconds I had half a gallon on the floor.
Perhaps a stuck float valve--any ideas on how I should proceed?

UMSA Confidentiality Notice:  This email message, including any
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized use,
copies of the original message.