Re: Ezibleed device

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ezibleed device
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 23:40:02 -0500
Dave, one of my Lotus buddies borrowed my Gunson unit to replace his brake
fluid before a BIR track day in his Esprit Turbo.  He called me back the
other night and said he had only two questions:

1)  Are you going to be home this evening so I can return the E Z Bleed?
2)  Where can I buy one of these things?  This the greatest thing ever.

Dave has used Mity-Vac units and other things in the past.  He's a believer
in the Gunson now.

Sure, you can scrounge the parts and make your own cheaper.  But this one
has held up for years and I didn't need to fiddle with it.

3 bits of advice:

1)  Test the seal of the unit to the reservoir before putting fluid in the
bottle.
2)  Use very low pressure in the spare tire.  5 PSI will work fine.
3)  Bleed a lot of fluid at one time.  The beauty of this thing is that it
flushes bubbles out of high spots the way pedal bleeding can not.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com