Worldcarz - on E-bay.

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Worldcarz - on E-bay.
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:39:30 -0400 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h8MKiWF8021238
I've had the same interaction as you describe with the guy.

I was a little leery about the guy when I saw all his huge bold text that
pretty much threatened anyone who would bid.  I think he said he'd refuse to
sell to anyone with a .edu  address.  He also goes on to tell you how fair
his prices are.  Hmm . . . shouldn't the marketplace pretty much determine
that?

None the less, I went ahead and asked a question about some wheels he had
listed.

Like throwing a spark in a powder keg.

Man he went off on me . . . told me how great the wheels were and how he was
doing the world a favor by listing them.  Then he called all TR-6 owners
cheap skates and said he was delisting the wheels.  As a last bit he said
that he'd been selling stuff on ebay for months and he had never seen me bid
on any of his items so I must be bad news.  I think he said he'd refuse any
bid I ever posted for one of his items.

Talk about unstable!  Jeeze.

If he had taken < the effort and just answered the question, I would have
bid on the wheels and we'd both be happy.

I'm very shocked to see that he has a pretty high approval rating.

I bet he pissed off some bidders and they started peppering him with fake
bids or something.
He's pretty much just showing his weakness by acting that way.

There's my two cents.

Scott Tilton
1970 TR6 everyday - after a year on the sidelines, it is back in action.
Leesburg, VA