RE: Worldcarz - on E-bay.

To: "triu autox" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Worldcarz - on E-bay.
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 07:38:53 -0700
> Why is it that ebay allows people to change their id?
> Paul

In some sense, they can't prevent it.  They do relatively little to confirm
the identity of any of their sellers, and identities are easily faked/stolen
these days anyway.  There is a fellow up in Connecticut that has been
running a fairly concerted burn on eBay for several years now, although
fortunately he doesn't sell LBC parts.  It got to be quite a contest on
rec.crafts.metalworking to see who could spot his new eBay ID first.  Do a
Google for
"Al Babin" lathe
and see what turns up. I haven't tuned in recently, don't know if he's still
around or not.  Last I heard, they were trying to get the Feds after him for
mail fraud ...

Randall