RE: Toyota caliper upgrade

To: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Toyota caliper upgrade
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:14:19 -0400
I guess I should have been a bit more specific in my question. There is a
short pipe which connects the flex hose to the caliper on a TR6. On early
cars, like mine, the caliper end of this pipe is fitted with "imperial" or
SAE threads. Later cars had metric calipers, and metric fittings on this
pipe. My question is: Will the metric thread from a late TR6 pipe mate with
the Toyota caliper? If it does, no fabrication is required. If it does not,
then the pipe will have to be custom-made, as described in the article.

--Phil