The "Poop" on Coker and Michelin -- so to speak

To: dmallin@attglobal.net
Subject: The "Poop" on Coker and Michelin -- so to speak
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:18:41 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Don,
Whoever you spoke to at Coker is misinformed when he says: "All Michelins,
Vintage or "normal production" are made by Michelin in France." - my cousin
works at one of three Michelin plants in Nova Scotia.

Here's part of  a note he sent over just this morning (he is referring to
Hurricane Juan):
"I was at work the night of the storm....It wasn't until morning when we
drove home that we saw the devastation. About 2:15 AM the power went out at
the plant. The supervisor had ordered the machinery in our department shut
down about an hour beforehand. Previous to the shutdown we had had a few
blips in the electrical supply.....Good thing the supervisor had it shut
down because when it went out, it didn't come back on for about 13 hours.
Had rubber been in the mixers and no way to get it out, it would have cured
and then been virtually impossible to remove...The lady around the corner
wasn't so lucky as a huge oak tree split and fell on her roof, poking a big
hole in it. Another couple of blocks over, a tree fell and crushed two cars
and damaged a third. ...."

I know they make car tires there, but it certainly could be that they don't
make the vintage ones. Sounds like right now they aren't making too many...
Regards,
Jim Wallace
---