Re: TR2,3,& 4 Info needed

To: Richard Feibusch <rfeibusch1@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: TR2,3,& 4 Info needed
From: Peter Fullam <pfullam@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 00:38:30 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, vtr@autox.team.net
Richard

I'm the original owner of a 63 TR4. To answer your questions:
1) I was attracted by the styling and the beginnings of an impressive
competition career. (See Tullius, Kastner et al) The styling
     has aged well, and the engine and suspension have been very
responsive to performance upgrades.

2) The biggest downer over the years was little, if any, rust
protection. Not a problem with race prepped cars, but if you use a
     TR4 for your daily ride in the Northeast for 13 years, it'll rust
in places where other cars don't even have places. There have
      also been persistant rainwater leaks at the front corners of  both
the hard and soft tops.

3) A prospective buyer should watch out for anything that would be
expensive or disheartening to repair. Rust in the frame
or  tub comes to mind. If I were in the market, I would pay for a fully
restored car to drive.

Cheers

Pete Fullam
Clifton Park, NY