RE: Windscreen Rebuilding and Rechroming

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Windscreen Rebuilding and Rechroming
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:21:18 -0800
> 1.    My windscreen did not have "corner finisher plates" as shown in the
> Moss catalog.  Should these be included for my windscreen?

AFAIK, yes.

> 2.    I also did not have a "center windscreen support bracket."
> Where do these go?

Fits between the center mirror and the body.

> Do I need them (or should I use them)?

IMO, Yes !  Otherwise the windscreen may crack under just the wrong
conditions (mine did).

> 3.    What's the proper way to cut and finish off the ends of the sealing
> rubber at the top of the windscreen?  The ends of mine were
> sliced downward at an
> angle and held in place by the top of the tenon plates.

That doesn't sound right ... mine are cut at an angle that matches the top
of the stanchions and the end just hangs there.

> 4.    What's the proper procedure for finishing off the ends of the lower
> sealing rubber?  should they be cut before attaching the
> windscreen to the car,
> or after?

Be sure the rubber is not stretched, then cut them before installing the
windscreen to the car.  The ends are supposed to be trapped under the corner
finishers (Moss P/N 802-665) that I think you mentioned above.  There is
also supposed to be a rubber or cork sealing strip in those slots, that is
not shown in any catalog or parts diagram AFAIK.  Nor do I know of a source
for it.

Sorry, no help on the other questions.

Randall