Re: Liner Installation Procedure

To: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Liner Installation Procedure
From: "Robert Roberts" <rroberts47@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 23:15:53 -0800
Cc: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Terry:  after you have installed the figure eight gaskets, insert the
sleeves, Obtain some oversized steel washers and insert them over the
headstuds adjacent to the sleeves, you need to make some spacers out of
1/2in galv pipe to fit over the studs leaving exposed thread, place a washer
and stud nut on the four studs and tighten simultaneously until all play is
absent.  Repeat the procedure for the other two sleeves (liners).The washer
below the spacers must be large enough to cover the lip of the sleeve.
Hope this is clear.  this method guarantees a good fit in the event  of  a
problem with the head.

Bob Roberts  --- Original Message -----