RE: Build Year or Sale/Title Year?

Subject: RE: Build Year or Sale/Title Year?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:00:46 -0800
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> One would have
> thought that with all this documentation, it would have been self-evident
> what the model year would have been - but I guess some lulu will always
> screw up and wrongly title a car.

Almost certainly the dealers were doing it on purpose ... "last year's
model" is not as desirable to most Americans even when it's
indistinguishable from the current model.

I really hate the notion that newer is necessarily better, but the American
car makers have promoted it for so long that I think most Americans believe
it.  And of course a car dealer trying to sell a slow-moving model will say
or do almost anything to get potential customers to buy ...

Randall