Re: TR6 rear Bushing replacement procedure

To: darrellw@ipns.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 rear Bushing replacement procedure
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:04:43 EST
In a message dated 1/22/2004 4:09:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
darrellw@ipns.com writes:
I've had good luck using a small hydraulic "bottle" jack.  You can
support the bottom on one of the "ears", and use it to push the other
bushing out/in.

I did it that way until i heard that was a good way to break off one of the
ears
- never happened to me but i suppose its possible, especially with some
of the earlier ones - quality of casting got better over the years

BTW clean off that flat surface in front of where the hub mounts to the
trailing arm and you'll see the date the thing was cast was scratched into
the sand mold.

Cheers
Jack Mc