Forwarded: There are no stupid questions....but....

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: There are no stupid questions....but....
From: <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:01:51 -0700
For some reason this was sent to me rather than triumphs@autox.team.net.
If your internet access is web-capable, check out

  http://www.team.net/posting.html

mjb.
----

     Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:49:54 -0800 (PST)
     From: McRuss <wtrrtw@yahoo.com>
     Subject: There are no stupid questions....but....

I have a car that from the original commission number,CT36594, is a
'64 TR4.  But the rear suspension has me baffled.  It seems to be
partially TR4 and partially TR4A solid axle.  The difference is in the
method for attaching the shocks to the springs.  On the 4 (according
to everything I can see) the shock arm attaches to the 'plate' under
the spring whereas the 4A has a 'distance piece' between the spring
and the axle and the shock attaches to this piece.  On my car,
everything appears to be a 4 except that there is a 'distance piece'
and the shock is attached to it.  The buffers are 4s as are the check
straps.  Is it possible (stupid question follows) that there was an
overlap?  Or did someone mix and match the suspension pieces?  I dont
really care, it seems to function ok and this is NOT a show car.