Re: TR4/4A Water Pump Pulley Attachment Problem

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, <ZoboHerald@aol.com>, "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4/4A Water Pump Pulley Attachment Problem
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:40:31 -0500
Yep Jerry VV can attest to that as Fred says. He was there giving
instructions along with the rest of the likely characters when I arrived at
the 2001 TRF Summer Party on the back of a Big Red Truck. I experienced the
problem casting on the only pump that TRF had available. Between that
problem and fitting the pulley we had that darn pump on and off the car at
least 3 times. Fred stood there grinning as if to say I told you so because
he did and I didn't listen to him. I was tuning everybody out. It's amazing
how a Big Red Flatbed with a 4A on it attracts more people than were
registered for the event. When they heard it was a water pump failure they
were actually disappointed, I think they were looking for a blown engine or
at least something more glamorous than an old Water Pump. I was glad it was
just a Water Pump. I've owned that car since 1969 and it's the very first
time it's seen a tow truck. First time it failed to bring me home. We came
home broken sometimes but always got home to be repaired.
Fred and I have been friends ever since too. He's a likable guy.
JVV