Re: Best speeding lines...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best speeding lines...
From: Greg_Hutmacher@i2.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:08:53 -0600 6.0.3HF125 | November 26, 2003) at 03/10/2004 11:08:53, Serialize complete at 03/10/2004 11:08:53, Itemize by SMTP Server on SMTPMTA2/i2Tech(Release 6.0.1CF1 | March 06, 2003) at 03/10/2004 11:08:53 AM, Serialize by Router on SMTPMTA2/i2Tech(Release 6.0.1CF1 | March 06, 2003) at 03/10/2004 11:09:06 AM, Serialize complete at 03/10/2004 11:09:06 AM
Two anecdotes related to this:

First, The only time I was able to talk my way out of a speeding ticket
(which I deserved) was when I was driving my old Mustang convertible with
a 351 (cubic inch, 5.7 liter) Cleveland engine.  It had a few performance
modifications so I couldn't resist blasting onto the freeway entrance ramp
with the pedal down with the unfortunate timing to have a police car
within view of me.  He pulled me over and asked me if I knew how fast I
was going.  I told him that I had no idea because I had just finished
"restoring" the car and the speedo cable was not hooked up yet (all true).
 He walked around the car admiring it, telling me about an old Mustang he
used to have, and then let me off with a warning to get that speedo fixed.
Whew!

Regarding the hands in the air thing, I got pulled over late one night in
a bad part of town for "failure to signal a right turn".  I turned on the
interior lights and had both hands in view on the steering wheel before
the cop even walked up to the car.  When he asked for my license, I told
him (without moving my hands) that my wallet was in the side pocket of my
door and that I was going to have to reach down for it.  I offered to open
my door so he could watch me reach for it with his flashlight (which he
did).  I still got the ticket, but at least I didn't get shot by a nervous
cop late at night.

-Greg