RE: Best speeding lines...

To: "'Steven Newell'" <steven@newellboys.com>, Randall Young <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Best speeding lines...
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:38:52 -0800
Was just stopped the other night in the Jag. Was on westbound Airport BLVD.
a wide three lane(middle turn lane)  through a business park and terminating
at the local airport at about 8:00 P M. Few cars on the road. Got myself
behind a lost semi driver doing 15 mph in a 45. Passed him in the turn lane.
Got around him in time for the next signal. At which a County Sheriff was
the second car back eastbound. Oh Hell! Watched him make a U ee and hit the
strobes in the rear view. Pulled over to a safe place put on the flashers,
turned on the interiors, and had my D L waiting when he got to the window.
"Don't suppose you have any idea why I stopped you Sir?" were his first
words. Mine were "Yes sir I DO!" He smiled. And said "I know it's real quiet
out her this time of night, not much traffic. But, do me a favor. Promise me
you won't pass semis on Airport Blvd again. "I won't." I replied. "You
promise?" he repeated. "Yes sir I do promise." I assured him. "Okay!" says
the man and we are both off.

Learned early on. Call the Man "Sir". Don't lie to the Man! Be polite and
respectful. Even in my days of long hair and unpopular political opinion
this strategy has served me well. Most of the cops I know and, there are a
few, are doing a tough and often very unpleasant job. They can do without a
hassle for a simple ticket. And appreciate the effort in showing a little
respect. Easy enough done. Let me however add that I really think the kind
of car one is driving is often of consequence. The Jag is a 98 VDP that is
kept immaculate, the TR-6 also is near pristine looking. They give the
impression of respnsibilty and stability. Funny thing is I only am "most of
the time" But I certainly have my moments of abandon.

Deano