Re: Best speeding lines...

To: Randall Young <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Best speeding lines...
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 07:01:49 -0700
Good point. I was pulled over in my TR4 with temp tags that had expired
a couple days before. I drove till I could pull off onto a side street
where it would be safe for him to stop. I stopped -- and then I moved up
under a shady tree since I had the top down and it was a hot day. I had
a friend in the car, had just picked him up from the airport. The county
deputy smiled when he commented on the parking spot, and then he offered
me an excuse since I had my friends luggage on the bench seat (maybe the
tags had expires while I was parked at the airport) but I said "no,
officer, I planned to get my plates on Monday (it was Saturday) but my
friend flew in and it was too nice a day to leave the car in the
garage." He let me go with a warning.

Along with respect and honesty, I agree one of the best things you can
do it to watch out for a cop's safety. It's a dangerous enough job
without the risk of a rear-end collision while you're sitting in a Crown
Vic.

Steven