Re: Relays

To: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Relays
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:10:04 -0800
Subject: Relays

> I have seen the subject of relays discussed here.  I am an absolute
> vacuum when it comes to electronics.  It has been sugested I put my fuel
> pump on a relay.  Where do I get one and what would I look for, i.e.
> voltage, amps, watts, etc.  Thanks.
> --
> Best Regards,
> Tom

Tom,
This as one of the few times I made out better at Pep Boys than at NAPA.
NAPA had to go through their book looking for an equvalent application and
in the end didn't find anything that made sense. So I went to Pep Boys and
they had a universal relay hanging on the racks with all the light bulbs,
fuses, sockets and stuff. Around $5 as I recall although I don't remember
the ratings.  I am using it for an electric fan, not a fuel pump.
Bob