Re: Rat Roadsters

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rat Roadsters
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 18:44:31 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
Cc: stilton@protoprod.com
Scott:
I sometimes hang out with a bunch of street rodders.  There is quite a
subculture that is into "rat rods", i.e. rough looking 50's style rods with
primer paint, flames and backyard chop jobs.  Actually that GT6 header you sold
me is going to end up in somewhat of a rat rod until I can afford a paint job.
Maybe next year.

I help run the car show of a fairly large annual British car event.  Several
years ago we came up with the "Diamond in the Rough" award for "the car with
the greatest unrealized potential".  The only requirement is that the car has
to be driven to the show under its own power.   I'm happy to report that a GT6
won last year.  I hope to win this year's award with mine.
Dave