Tonneau covers

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tonneau covers
From: "Joe Lynn" <jlynn604@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 20:58:48 -0400
I pulled out the tonneau cover I got from my DPO, cleaned it up a bit and
went to put it on the car & found it's too small. I don't mean it's a bit
tight to stretch... I can't get it from one lift the dot to the next one,
although the overall pattern looks right. Back to front it seems to be at
least 2 inchec short, and if I really streatch the top across, it's nowhere
near reaching the doors. It's as if the whole thing has shrunk. From the
looks of it, it was unused for a long time & seems a bit stiff & brittle
(there's a crack at the corner where it was folded). This is an AMCO vinyl
cover. It there any way to stretch this, or is it a goner? I'm also
concerned about stretching it on the car because some of the pegs on the
dash seems a bit loose. Is there a way to strengthen them?

I'd like the tonneau so I can cover the car at work. Now that the nice
weather's here, I'd like to drive it a day or 2 a week.

If this one is beyond salvage, I see several options on Moss and TRF. Is the
Sunfast canvas worth the extra cost? How about Everflex compared to Robbins
vinyl? I saw a post recently that said the Moss standard cover leaks through
the zipper. Have other people experienced this?

TIA,
Joe Lynn
59 TR3A