RE: 3A throttle linkage

To: "tim & theresa smith" <tntsmith@peoplepc.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 3A throttle linkage
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 21:15:23 -0400 from [4.12.36.162] at Sat, 8 May 2004 20:15:22 -0500
Tim,
The parts manual has a good picture of the assembly.  Contact me off list
and I'll scan it for you. Basically the pedal and rod make up the crank you
see under the dash.  The assy goes horizontal into the shaft that runs
across the fire wall.  They are attached VIA bushing that slips over both
pieces.  There are two roll pins that hold the rods together.
Pete
ention it deserves....

Now my question....how is the throttle pedal supposed to be connected to the
rod that runs cross-car above the bell housing and has a crank located via
cotter pin on it's passenger side end?  The joint in question is just above
the pedal and outboard of the firewall and nylon bushing on the left side of
the car.  I can't find a diagram of the linkage in this area....is it in the
factory manual?  I only have a Haynes right now.  As I go through the car,
I'm trying to fix things that have always been a little off since we
purchased the car.