Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #1925

Subject: Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #1925
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 08:25:14 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> If you're serious about V8 power tho, I think you'll quickly find that you
> need to upgrade the entire drivetrain ... then the frame won't be stiff
> enough ...

As soneone with a Ford 289 in a TR3A I agree with Renadall that the
entire drivelinf needs to be addressed.  However, there are Ford parts
out there that are relatively easy to convert.  I have to debate the
statement that the frame isn't stiff enough.  One of the things that
attracted me to the TR3A for the conversion was the strength of the
frame.  It is a boxed steel frame with a "X" cross member.  My engine is
pumped to over 300 hoursepower and the frame holds it very well.  I
can't even torque stand my left front tire off the ground.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom