RE: Hot TR3B & Stop Leak

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hot TR3B & Stop Leak
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 07:12:52 -0700
> Speaking of leaks that %%!!***###$$$ dang 3B is leaking from the
> neck joint
> again.  This is the third time in the last decade for this car
> and I hate to
> take the whole front of the car apart again to get at the
> radiator

Me too !

> so I gave it
> the old triple treatment of various Stop Leak products.  First the "Rat
> Turds", then the "Copper Stuff" during a flush and finally the
> "Silver Flakes"

After much experimentation over the years, I use only "Aluma-Seal" brand
silver flakes.  They work quite well at sealing leaks, and seem much less
prone to stopping up radiator passages than the other brands & types I've
tried.

The secret to avoiding that leak at the base of the tank extension seems to
be to support the extension with your other hand when you push down on the
radiator cap.  Next time I have mine out, I'm going to ask the radiator shop
to fabricate some braces for the thing ...

Randall