Baby in a TR

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Baby in a TR
From: "David Hammond" <d_hammond@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:01:23 -0700 i4BH1RvL030848
Has anyone come up with an acceptable and verified safe way to transport a
baby in it's car seat in a TR, specifically a TR 4 or 250?

I would like to attend Triumphfest in Lake Tahoe in my 4, but we have our
first baby due in mid July (Triumphfest is late Sep to early Oct) and I will
not take her in the Triumph unless I can be sure it is safe.  This would
mean installing a harness/seat belt in the rear seat obviously.  And I do
have a factory hardtop on and will put the surrey top on to keep the baby
out of the direct sun.

Anybody figured out this quagmire?

Alas, I imagine I will have to see some of you there in my Honda instead.

David R. Hammond
62 TR4 #CT 17780LO
68 TR250 #CD 185LO