RE: TR4 Rear Seal: Leaking up hill

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Rear Seal: Leaking up hill
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:19:02 -0700
> Reminds me of a story about someone who taped a paperclip to the top
> of a broken dizzy rotor to finish a rallye (or if you prefer, a
> "rally").  Not quite up to the technical level of a rod bearing, but
> still pretty unbelieveable.

That one I'll believe ... I once drove home with effectively a paper clip
(actually a short length of 'baling wire') forming the center contact in my
TR3 dizzy cap.  Somewhere, I've still got the rotor with the scratch marks
to prove it !  Unfortunately, I think I threw away the ruined dizzy cap.

Randall