Re: TR3A starter click, (too occasionally)

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A starter click, (too occasionally)
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 20:43:28 EDT
In a message dated 05/18/2004 7:34:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:

> What are the symptoms of the "dead spot" ?  Does it spin uselessly,
> "click-nothing" or just dead silence ?

Click - nothing from the dash push button. Also bridging the two terminals on
the fire wall push button solenoid no click-nothing, push button on the
solenoid no click-nothing.

For a while rocking the car while in gear made the starter work. Now no
amount of rocking. Push starts just fine. As I posted once before. I have the
original LUCAS shrouded starter (date stamped ("65") 1965, I suppose), but I've
yet
to find a rebuilder for it. Anyone rebuild these on their own? How difficult?

Best Regards,

Ed (58 TR3A)