TR3A starter click, (too occasionally)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A starter click, (too occasionally)
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 19:00:21 EDT
I maybe posted a bit early on my satisfaction with the gear reduction
starter. In the last week or so my starter will find a dead spot, and for while
simply some rocking of the vehicle allowed use of the starter. More recently
not
the case.

Before I go and order up a replacement, any suggestions, other than a swap
out of the starter solenoid, which I did without any change.

This starter is only 4 years old. Any way to check to make sure this is bad,
or some other problem? Any suggestion appreciated.

Best Regards,
Ed (58 TR3A)