RE: Subject: Pacer(NLBC)

To: ScharfR@aol.com, paradise.71@juno.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Subject: Pacer(NLBC)
From: "Gene" <geneglenn@qwest.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 07:48:29 -0700
Bob,

Nice save.

Gene Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: ScharfR@aol.com [mailto:ScharfR@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 9:38 PM
To: geneglenn@qwest.net; paradise.71@juno.com; triumphs@autox.team.net

In a message dated 5/18/2004 5:57:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
geneglenn@qwest.net writes:

You people smirk at a Pacer! Just remember it is what Honda copied for
its Civic.  Where else can anyone get a full width compact car?  Had it
had a decent engine they would still be building the things today.
Let's not forget; REAR WHEEL DRIVE!

Gene:

You are forgetting the V8 Pacer, a late-life cobble-up that couldn't
save the patient.  Of course some may quibble that the AMC V8 doesn't
fall into the "decent engine" category.

As to Honda copying the Pacer, I have a higher regard for them than
that.  And I am having trouble figuring out just what they might have
copied.

Finally, here's the mandatory TR content: After I separated my wife from
her Pacer, then waited an acceptable period for her to mourn, I brought
joy to her life with a 2500M TVR.  At least that's how I saw it.

Bob Sharp
Michigan
64-ish TR4