RE: Spring Spacer Material

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spring Spacer Material
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 08:38:24 -0700
> i.e. instead of aluminum,  make them out of Delrin or Nylon or
> ABS (or some
> other piece of scrap plastic that I can find in large enough diameter)

Scott, I'm no plastics engineer ... but all of the ones you mention will
'creep' under long term static loads like the spring spacers see.  There are
probably some higher tech plastics that will withstand the load (glass
filled nylon perhaps) but now you're going to have to know a lot about your
"scrap" plastic.

I've never priced them, but I'd guess that used original spacers aren't all
that expensive ...

Randall