Re: Spring Spacer Material

To: stilton@protoprod.com
Subject: Re: Spring Spacer Material
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 07:43:28 -0700 FILETIME=[D78C24A0:01C43E78]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>My early-ish TR-4 has a good sized spacer on top of the front coil springs.
>I'd like to experiment with some smaller spacers.
>Anyone have an opinion as to whether or not I could make them out of a
>non-metalic material.

Hi Scott,

Delrin

I think you have it right here. I used delrin to make the bushings on my
Herald. I'm not exactly sure if it will compress signifigantly, but I don't
think you'll end up with a dual rate spring. It should hold up to the job,
let me know how well it works.

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 Herald
'63 TR 4

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.