Fuel Tank Question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Tank Question
From: "Tim I. Purdy" <timipurdy@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:12:22 -0700
Have a 64 TR4.  For some reason, I was under the impression that the fuel tank
held ten gallons.  Don't ask me how that I got planted in my brain.  Normally,
I usually fuel up when the gauge is in the middle, which usually around five
gallons.  This time around I thought I would draw it down some more.  When I
went to fill up today, the gauge was showing a little less than a quarter
tank.  It took ten gallons.  So either I was driving on fumes, and my gauge a
bit faulty, or the tank is larger than what I thought.  So can someone
enlighten me as to how much the tank holds then?

Tim