TR3A Weeks 4&5

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Weeks 4&5
From: Triumph TR2 <triumphtr2@direcway.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 19:16:42 -0400
Hi all -

1)    I posted a couple of weeks ago re repacing the starter as the next step,
and while the spec was the new type, turns out mine needs the old type, even
though post TS 50000. As I was sourcing appropriate gear reduction starters,
and considering cost and cost and length of time for shipping, a (more or less)
local imports parts shop said they could rebuild mine in a day or two for
less... after having it for a couple of days, they declared the "drive"
(bendix) was gone ( I could have told them that!), but they would fabricate a
new one in a week.

Picked it up today, looks great, they claim it works like new, and actually is
new , except the housing. Will let you know once I bolt it on on the weekend.

2)    Ed (58 TR3A) was looking for a place to have original starters rebuilt...
 odds are you're not in Canada, but if you are, contact me and I can give you
the coordinates.

3)    Anyone on the list know who stocks / where I can get a fan belt in S
Ontario? I'm not ready to place the big parts order yet, and don't want to have
just a belt shipped from one of the big 3. I had a suggestion to try Import
Auto in Rexdale, but can't locate a ph #, address or URL for them.

TIA
Cameron Joyce
'59 TR3A (rolling, not running)
'54 TR2 (resting, not rolling)