SU Carb Jet Sticking

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net> i4KGeb8K005782
Subject: SU Carb Jet Sticking
From: "Jerry Goulet" <jgoulet@thomsontechnology.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 09:41:49 -0700
I have recently discovered that when I start my TR3 that after I release the
choke that the rear carb jet does not fully seat to the adjuster nut.  The
linkage appears to be free of any binding or stiffness.  I disconnected the
linkage and pulled the jet to clean it and lube the lower portion with
petroleum jelly as recommended in the shop manual.  It is now re-assembled and
functions better but still stops about 1/16" short.  The lever spring also
seems to have adequate force.  Does anyone have any others suggestions ?

Jerry Goulet
1960 TR3A