Re: SU Carb Jet Sticking

To: "Jerry Goulet" <jgoulet@thomsontechnology.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Carb Jet Sticking
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:03:36 -0700
Subject: SU Carb Jet Sticking

> I have recently discovered that when I start my TR3 that after I release
the choke that the rear carb jet does not fully seat to the adjuster nut.
The linkage appears to be free of any binding or stiffness.  I disconnected
the linkage and pulled the jet to clean it and lube the lower portion with
petroleum jelly as recommended in the shop manual.  It is now re-assembled
and functions better but still stops about 1/16" short.  The lever spring
also seems to have adequate force.  Does anyone have any others suggestions
?

> Jerry Goulet
> 1960 TR3A

Jerry, does the jet move freely when all the linkages are disconnected?  If
so, did you try adjusting the rod that connects the front and rear jets?
Perhaps it is too long?

Just a thought,
Bob